Looking for your next career?
Join the PIU Team by applying for one of the positions below!
TITLE: COMMERCIAL AUTO UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT
LOCATION: EDMONDS, WA
KEY OBJECTIVE: Provide underwriting and administrative support to the Commercial Auto Underwriting department.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- handle clearance of new submissions and file set-up of new policies
- identity forms and endorsements used in policy construction
- establishes, maintains and updates files for the department
- handle general correspondence
- maintain service standards by timely response to agent requests and timely processing of underwriting information
- communicate with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing
- handle special projects as assigned
- renewal underwriting
- at least a 2 year college degree, 4 years preferred
- strong data entry and computer skills
- strong attention to detail
- at least 1 year commercial auto insurance underwriting support experience
- basic understanding of insurance terminology
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work independently
- exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- able to multi-task
This position has room for growth/promotion to a full-fledged underwriter position.
We are a regional wholesale managing general agency looking for a motivated, hardworking individual to fill our commercial auto underwriting assistant position. Salary will be dependent on experience. Medical, 401k and vacation benefits apply.
Resume and cover letter are required to be considered for the position. Please email to email@example.com